Cygwin unstable as hell on Windows7 64bit‏

Gerard H. Pille geert.pille@roularta.be
Fri Jun 22 08:17:00 GMT 2012

As suggested, I did a "set CYGWIN=detect_bloda" before running cygwin.bat, but that didn't produce any output.

It seems as if the shells are the most vulnerable.  Quite often, working in vi, I get thrown out, with "You have running jobs".  After a "^Jtty sane^J" and "fg", I can terminate vi almost normally.  In most cases, X keeps running for a while.

I've checked and double-checked:  TMOUT isn't set.  Shouldn't even matter, since I'm running vi.

Thanks,

Gerard