bash under emacs gives "cannot set terminal process group"

sethflash seth@flashgroup.com
Mon Jun 25 20:46:00 GMT 2012

I just updated my cygwin and also have the same problem under ntemacs.
Following another suggestion somewhere I recompiled bash eliminating the
test for using a pty in jobs.c (line 3703) and I no longer get the error,
but I still can't terminate or suspend any jobs.  Very hard to use the shell
if you can't kill a job. :)

Does anyone have any solutions or know if anyone is working on this?