[OpenSSL]Is it possible to show the numerical value of the public and private key's exponent in a certificate

Tue Jun 26 11:59:00 GMT 2012

On Jun 26 13:01, gialloporpora wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am trying to learn how S/MIME encryption/digital signing works.
>
> I would like to show the numerical values assigned to my private and
> public key.
>
> I have converted my personal certificate from p12 to pem, in this way:
>
> openssl pkcs12 -in mycert.p12 -out mycert.pem
>
> Now, I have used this command to show the modulus of the private/public key:
>
>     openssl rsa -in mykey.pem -noout -modulus
>
> and I see an hexadecimal value, now I know that my public key is a
> data like this:
>
> (exp1, modulus)
>

> where modulus is the value above. My private key is:
>
> (exp2, modulus)
>
> where exp1 and exp2 satisfy:
>
> exp1*exp2 ? 1 mod (p-1)(q-1)
> modulus=p*q
>
> I would like to know if is it possible to show the numerical values
> of exp1 and exp2 stored in my certificate.

Since this is a OpenSSL question, you will probably have more luck
asking on the appropriate openssl-users mailing list:

  http://www.openssl.org/support/community.html

Corinna

Red Hat