error: field 'st_atim' has incomplete type

Vinay post2vinay@gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:28:00 GMT 2012

Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 09:54:30AM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Vinay wrote:
> >> I am trying to compile a native linux application in windows using
> >> cygwin(CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 ).
> >>
> >> But I am faced with strange error below
> >>
> >> /usr/include/cygwin/stat.h:72:17: error: field 'st_atim' has incomplete
type
> >> /usr/include/cygwin/stat.h:73:17: error: field 'st_mtim' has incomplete
type
> >> /usr/include/cygwin/stat.h:74:17: error: field 'st_ctim' has incomplete
type
> >> /usr/include/cygwin/stat.h:77:17: error: field 'st_birthtim' has incomplete
type

> >> The error is persistant even after including time.h, types.h and stat.h
> >> I tried various order of include files. None yielded any fruitful result.
> >>
> >> It seems the declaraion of the st_atim is not included with some
conditional
> >> compile directive, can anyone has any idea on this?
> >
> >We have no idea since you didn't give a sample code.
>
> Ditto, and we'd also need the gcc command line.
>
> cgf

voila I created a sample file to recreate this issue anyway, error is with
inclusion of timeb.h, dont know why!!.

below is sample cpp file, which will throw similar error!

#include <sys/timeb.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <stdio.h>

struct stat hello;