cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Thu Jun 28 21:17:00 GMT 2012

On 6/28/2012 2:35 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> I can't easily test this myself
> since I don't have TortoiseSVN installed

Me, too, but it seems to me that there's a better way to find the
problem than trying to replicate the problem reporters' exact
environment.  That's too complicated.  The leading hypothesis explaining
the problem is that there's a file locking problem between two programs
both trying to access the same set of SQLite DB files.  So, write two
programs to do exactly that, and see if they will fight over the DB file
or not.

If they cooperate, as the SQLite FAQ says they should, then we're off in
the weeds and someone needs to come up with a better hypothesis.

If they fight, you then have two simple programs that, together,
demonstrate the problem, which means you're much closer to finding a
real fix that makes both sets of users happy.

Take advantage of the fact that I'm a disinterested Cygwin package
maintainer.  You have some time to play with here.