Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem

Earnie Boyd earnie@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 1 18:32:00 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> TK does not require an X server running on the same system.  This has
> been explained in this very thread.
>
> If you have points to make, don't make them with a <aol>"me too"</aol>
> unless you're planning on addressing the issues that Yaakov raised.
> Otherwise you're just wasting bandwidth.

And what Windows user who casually installs Cygwin has access to an X
server?  I sure don't.  But I get where you're coming from, it doesn't
require the Cygwin/X server it just requires DISPLAY to be set to one
that exists somewhere.  Still not a good scenario for the unsuspecting
idiot.

--
Earnie