question on Cygwin's version of make

Paul Allen Newell pnewell@cs.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 2 02:06:00 GMT 2012

On 3/1/2012 5:54 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>> Using Macro's suggestion of 2>&1 doesn't capture the basename error/warning
>> message. I tried "make>  make.out 2>&1" and the message still isn't being
>> captured.
> it should be
>   make 2>&1 |tee  make.out
>
> but also this should work
>   make&>    make.out
>
> if not something is wrong on your bash.
>
>> Paul
> may I suggest
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> specially
> "Run cygcheck -s -v -r>  cygcheck.out and include that file as an
> attachment in your report"
>
> Regards
> Marco

Marco:

My typo, apologies. I did use "make 2>&1 |tee  make.out" ... without
success.

I mentioned in my first email that I wasn't providing cygcheck info as I
assumed that it was a dumb pilot error on my part and didn't want to
clog the system with that kind of noise.

I am beginning to think something might be wrong with bash on my system
and need to formalize a test case. I have already "had my wrist slapped"
for not following problem.html and have every intention of making sure I
report a possible problem correctly.

My thanks for your help,
Paul