Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem

Robert Miles robertmiles@bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 3 04:41:00 GMT 2012

On 3/2/2012 1:02 PM, Matt Seitz (matseitz) wrote:
>> From: Achim Gratz [mailto:Stromeko@nexgo.de]
>>
>> I do and FTR: I don't want the cygwin Xorg server to be a dependency
>> all programs that might use X because that would pull in a lot of
>> packages that I have no use for on most systems.
> Right, that would be a disadvantage of making "xinit" a dependency.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1.  How many people would need to install "xinit"?  How many people
> would not need to install "xinit"?
>
> 2.  How much of an inconvenience would installing "xinit" present to
> people who don't actually need it?
>
> 3.  Is there some way to make both groups happy?  For example, could we
> have a "gitk+xinit" package to give people a clue that they might want
> both (keeping the existing "gitk" package for people who don't need
> "xinit")?

Would it be adequate to make the installation procedure direct the user
to read
a text file describing anything that is SOMETIMES needed, and where to find
packages to provide it, and where to find similar text files describing
any startup
procedures needed?