cygport: How to suppress automatic postinstall script additions

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Mar 5 17:59:00 GMT 2012

On 3/5/2012 12:32 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 09:55 -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 10:52 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> When building a package with cygport, is there an easy way to supply a
>>> postinstall script that is used as is, without being modified by the
>>> functions in /usr/lib/src_postinst.cygpart?  My question is motivated by
>>> the suggestion in
>>>
>>>     http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-03/msg00188.html
>>
>> Actually, Volker is correct, the postinstall needs to be fixed.  I'm
>> working on a patch for cygport now.
>
> OK, here's the fix:
>
> 1) Install cygport-0.10.8.1-1 (released just moments ago).
>
> 2) Bump collection-basic to $today and build it with newly-downloaded
> sources.
>
> 3) Bump collection-langcjk to $today, add 'jfontmaps' to ARCH_PKGS, and
> build with newly-downloaded sources.
>
> After installing the new collection-basic with the new postinstall
> script, the aforementioned xetex test works.

In your new postinstall script, I wonder if it would be better to delete
/etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg rather than editing it.  The reason is that
the master updmap.cfg in /usr/share/texmf/web2c may have changed due to
the addition or deletion of TL packages containing fonts, and I don't
think these changes get propagated to /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg.

Ken