ldd fails when dll has no execute permissions

cppjavaperl cppjavaperl@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 19:04:00 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 12:57:03 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I'll try to be clearer.  We obviously know how to scan an executable for
> dependent DLLs since cygcheck does it already (and actually cygwin
> itself does this) but we are not going to be modifying ldd to deal with
> the case of non-executable binaries.

I was not aware (until seeing it discussed elsewhere, shortly after my last post) that cygcheck had this capability already.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, it really doesn't have anything to do with mirroring ldd's behavior on Linux -- It's just that you don't view it as a problem worth spending time on.

Fair enough.