rebase keeps last modification time of DLL unchanged

Robert Miles robertmiles@bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 10 21:42:00 GMT 2012

> On Mar  9 19:22, Christian Franke wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'm not so sure this option would make a lot of sense.  An option not
> used by rebaseall by default won't be used anyway.  We should decide
> which behaviour makes more sense and then just do it.
>
> Actually, the aforementioned backup scenario implies to me that setting
> the timestamp makes more sense.  Restoring a broken Cygwin installation
> from a backup and then immediately getting rebase problems again, just
> because an incremental backup didn't catch the rebased DLLs sounds pretty
> frustrating.  OTOH, who's doing incremental backup these days?
>
> Corinna

I am.  I don't feel like buying a new hard drive or a new disk server
every month
or so in order to preserve all my backups as long as I often need them -
some
problems simply aren't obvious for a few months.

Robert Miles