Cygwin Emacs and windows paths

Ken Jackson cygwin@jackson.io
Mon Mar 12 23:58:00 GMT 2012

On 03/12/2012 08:19 AM, Leo wrote:
 > On 12/03/2012, at 10:09 PM, Ken Jackson wrote:
 > >> On 03/10/2012 01:17 AM, Leo wrote:
 >>> Now my normal Windows paths copied from Windows Explorer don't work
 >>> anymore in Emacs - and vice versa. I know I can use `cygpath` to
 >>> convert /on the command line/, but is there any integration for this
 >>> in Cygwin Emacs?
 >>
 >> I prefer to wrap everything in a shell script. This is the one I use,
 >> though I actually use "cygpath -w" because I still use NTemacs
 >> because I don't always start X.
 >
 > Ken, you still use NTEmacs? How does *your* NTEmacs cope with the new
bash/cygwin
 > environment?  Don't you get the "Inappropriate ioctl for device" error?
 > It would be very convenient to find a way back to NTemacs with
cygwin-bash inside itÂ…

I've never seen that error.

But I guess you're talking about running bash inside emacs--which I
never do.  It's been my habit for years, whether on Linux or Cygwin,
to have multiple terminal windows open and to press ALT-TAB to get
to one of them when I need the command line.

-Ken Jackson