Looking for txt editors, GUI - New to CYGWIN

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Mar 16 14:59:00 GMT 2012

On 03/16/2012 07:25 AM, Earthprime wrote:
> Thanks, that helps!  I am trying to learn more about Apps and how they work
> with UNIX.  Are there any TextEditor or GUI apps that I can download and put
> into the BIN, and then execute them from Cygwin?
Most people use vim, or Emacs or XEmacs. You probably have vim
installed. For Emacs and XEmacs you have to explicitly install them.

BTW: You don't "download and put into the BIN" anything. You use
setup.exe to "install" Cygwin apps. You could augment your PATH to
include paths to other editors/apps on your system but if your trying to
use the command line as simply a launcher of other, non-Cygwin Windows
apps then you're not really getting it...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?