[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: {emacs,emacs-X11,emacs-el}-24.0.96-1 (TEST)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue May 1 01:57:00 GMT 2012

On 4/30/2012 8:48 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> On 30/04/2012 4:08 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> Test releases of the emacs, emacs-X11, and emacs-el packages
>> (24.0.96-1) are now available. This is a pretest for the upcoming
>> release of emacs-24.1.
>>
>> Emacs users are encouraged to try it and report any problems to the
>> cygwin mailing list.
> I'm experiencing regular seg faults, often while using gdb but not
> always (switching between buffers is another big offender). I'm not sure
> what other information I can provide, other than the EIP=610CF707
> reported in the .stackdump file...
>
> Also, gdb-mi seems to be alpha quality, is it supposed to be fully
> usable and stable at this point? (and is there a way to disable it and
> return to --annotate=3?)

There have been recent problems reported with gdb-mi, so there will
probably be bugfixes before emacs-24.1 is released.  I don't know
offhand of a way to return to --annotate=3.

Ken