bash.exe.stackdump generated using cygwin 1.7.15

Alessandro Raniolo alessandro.raniolo@it.ibm.com
Mon May 21 15:27:00 GMT 2012

'm experiencing this issue when I run this simple testcase:

just run the command

c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -c "/bin/mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd"

it produces:

looked for bash.exe.stackdump

here is the cygcheck.out producted by
cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out

The problem does not occur if:
1) I run mkpasswd from inside a cygwin
2) if I run c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -c "/bin/mkpasswd -l >
/etc/passwd"
  using a cygwin 1.5.e

I recreated the problem in 2 different xp boxes.  But it was also
recreated in a Windows 7 and a Windows 2008 R2.

As the temporary workaround  looks to be only to install 1.5 through
setup-legacy.exe I would strongly
recomned you don't remove the 1.5 from cygwin site until you don't find a
solution for 1.7.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm available to run any debug module in the environment where the failure
occurs.
IBM Italia S.p.A.
Sede Legale: Circonvallazione Idroscalo - 20090 Segrate (MI)
Cap. Soc. euro 347.256.998,80
C. F. e Reg. Imprese MI 01442240030 - Partita IVA 10914660153
Società con unico azionista
Società soggetta all?attività di direzione e coordinamento di
International Business Machines Corporation

(Salvo che sia diversamente indicato sopra / Unless stated otherwise
above)