[mosh-devel] mosh 1.2.3 error when using on Cygwin

Reini Urban reini@cpanel.net
Tue Nov 6 16:12:00 GMT 2012

On 11/05/2012 06:47 PM, nyc4bos@aol.com wrote:
> After starting up mosh on Cygwin and then attempting to type
> `ls', I see the following on my screen:
>
> $ ls select: No error
>

> mosh did not shut down cleanly. Please note that the
> mosh-server process may still be running on the server.
>
> [mosh is exiting.]
>        1 [main] mosh-client 4524 cygthread::detach: called detach but inuse 0, th
> read 0xF7C?
>

> Sometimes I am able to type a few commands but mostly it is only
> after one command before I see the "select: No error" message.
>
> The mosh-server.exe process is still running.
>
> I am on Windows XP and I am running a freshly installed Cygwin using
> Cygwin setup 1.7.17-1 (the latest) and mosh 1.2.3.
>
> Thanks.

It looks like you are using mosh-1.2.2-1 (the perl wrapper)
and not the latest version. If so, please upgrade your mosh to latest
which is mosh-1.2.3-1

If not, please send us a the output of cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out
as explained in http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Reini

Working towards a true Modern Perl.
Slim, functional, unbloated, compile-time optimizable