[ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: keepassx-0.4.3-2

Adam Dinwoodie Adam.Dinwoodie@metaswitch.com
Fri Nov 16 17:27:00 GMT 2012

David Stacey wrote:
> On 16/11/12 15:40, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>> David Stacey wrote:
>>> Version 0.4.3-2 of keepassx has been uploaded.
>>>
>>> DESCRIPTION
>>> KeePassX is a Qt port of KeePass Password Safe password manager.
>> As a frequent user of the Windows KeePass Password Safe, is there any advantage
>> to using this version (effectively a port to Windows of a port from Windows)
>> compared with the native Windows version?
>
> The Linux version has an additional feature called auto-type, where it
> effectively types your login name and password for you. However, you'll
> probably need a browser build for Cygwin in order for that to work.
> Other that that, the Cygwin version provides the same functionality as
> the Windows release.

Auto-type has been a feature of Windows KeePass for at least five years*.  From
my very brief tests, it doesn't appear to work with Cygwin X windows or mintty,
but it certainly works with most other Windows programs.

* The April 2007 release of KeePass 1.07 talks about auto-type; I didn't look
further back in the changelogs than that.