Signal/thread pblm with XEmacs and cygwin

Henry S. Thompson ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 17:50:00 GMT 2012

I've recently been having my XEmacs (built from source under Cygwin
1.7.17, XEmacs 21.5-b32) go into a full-cpu un-interruptable loop.
Running under gdb shows this after the lockup:

  [main] xemacs-21.5-b32 13400 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event
        failed, signal -13, rc 258, Win32 error 0

gdb is also stuck at this point.

Is this a cygwin debugging message, in which case I'll report more
detail, or not, in which case I presume it's an XEmacs problem, and
I'll ask elsewhere.

Thanks,

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk