ssh Permanently added

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Mon Oct 8 02:25:00 GMT 2012

On 10/07/2012 05:03 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 10/7/2012 2:45 PM, Gyurmo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to install ssh for win7-64x. I had got, but I afraid I left
>> to do something for now installing. Please help me, what can I do for?
>>
>> [code]$ssh mine@localhost
>> The authenticity of host 'localhost (::1)' can't be established.
>> ECDSA key fingerprint is ************************************.
>> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
>> Warning: Permanently added 'localhost' (ECDSA) to the list of known
>> hosts.
>> mine@localhost's password:
>> Connection to localhost closed by remote host.
>> Connection to localhost closed.[/code]
>>

>> [code]$ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no
>> mine@localhost
>> Warning: Permanently added 'localhost' (ECDSA) to the list of known
>> hosts.
>> mine@localhost's password:
>> Connection to localhost closed by remote host.
>> Connection to localhost closed.[/code]
>
> It is normal behavior for ssh to cache, in a known-hosts-file,
> the public ssh keys of hosts that you have said are ok.  This
> has nothing to do with cygwin.  Any new host you ssh to will
> induce the interchange you saw, and setting the known hosts
> file to /dev/null will just make it ask every time.
>
> It doesn't really know localhost from any other host in this
> regard.
>
> Hope this helps you understand what is happening and that it is
> perfectly normal AFAIK.
>
> Regards -- Eliot Moss

You might try starting sshd on your local host with "net start sshd". If
it says it doesn't know about any sshd service then chances are you
didn't install it as a service and need to run ssh-host-config.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Why are people willing to get off their ass to search the entire room