real beginer

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Tue Oct 23 22:23:00 GMT 2012

On 10/23/2012 2:46 PM, Trixie wrote:
> On 10/23/2012 12:46 PM, Trixie wrote:
>>> I have liblapack-devel instaled and did ./configure and make . It took
>>> some
>>> time but it finished.
>> Did make finish successfully, returning a 0 status? Did you have a
>> bigdft.exe file? If you type "ls bigdft" do you see an executable?
>> (Note: The file's name is actually bigdft.exe but ls will list it as
>> bigdft).
> /i type ls bigdft and there's "No such file or directory" and i cant find
> bigdft.exe file anywhere. That means install and make didnt finish well,
> right?
Probably. You could do something like: make; echo "Status from make was $?"

The $? is the return status from the previous command. That will only
tell you if the make turned 0 for success. The output of make would be
much more instructive.
> posinp.xyz is there./
AFAICT posinp.xyz is not produced from the make.

You really should approach the people who maintain this package and ask
them about it. This package is not Cygwin.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends.