libtool: update to 2.4.2?

Thu Oct 25 01:49:00 GMT 2012

On Sun, 2012-10-21 at 14:32 -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> Would you be able to update libtool to 2.4.2 soon?  2.4.2 adds support
> for gccgo (new to gcc 4.7) and new systems (FreeBSD 10), and an update
> would save me from having to ship different libtoolizes for each
> affected platform.

And when you do so, could you include the attached patch to ltmain.sh
(or whichever file generates it)?  The patch from Gentoo fixes handling
of -Wl,--as-needed when linking libraries by keeping it in argument
order rather than appending it to the end of the link command like other
-Wl, flags (as per the GNU ld manual, this flag only affects -l flags
which *follow* it).  This makes a big difference for Linux
cross-toolchains.

Yaakov