[ITP] amanda 3.3.2

Wed Sep 5 14:49:00 GMT 2012

On 9/5/2012 12:19 AM, Mark O'Keefe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had tried posting this to the cygwin-apps list, but it would appear
> that  maybe I can't do that. So I'll post it hear for comment.

 From <http://cygwin.com/lists.html>:

cygwin-apps: a subscriber-only list for discussing packaging issues
regarding applications that are distributed with the Cygwin DLL. If you are
maintaining or volunteering to maintain one of the packages that is
distributed with the Cygwin net releases you should be subscribed to this list.

> NOTE:  The current version of tar (1.25) available from cygwin is broken
> and doesn't work for amanda :-(  I've created a patch for the 1.26
> version of tar to create a working amanda installation on my machine.
> Not sure how to get the current maintainer to update the official version
> to 1.26.

If it's a general problem with tar, you'll want to contact the upstream
maintainer.

--
Larry