Problem during C source code compilation

Daniel Colascione dancol@dancol.org
Sun Sep 9 12:45:00 GMT 2012

On 9/7/12 1:17 PM, Fausto Arinos Barbuto wrote:
>> You need *a* firewall and *an* antivirus, but not necessarily *those*
>> specific products.  If you're serious about using Cygwin, you'll
> want to
>> find alternatives that aren't BLODA.
>
> You are right on spot as for that, but unfortunately Zone Alarm (my
> 2nd firewall option) is also BLODA.  I can easily live without McAfee
> (and I'm seriously decided to replace it by another non-BLODA product),
> but really good, *non-leaky* firewalls aren't that easy to find.  I
> will see what I can do.

You realize that Windows comes with a perfectly good firewall, right?
I really don't think people need the security bolt-ons they think they
need. All they do is slow things down and cause problems.