multiwindow X11 and Emacs

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Sep 14 13:15:00 GMT 2012

On 9/14/2012 1:56 AM, Wynfield Henman wrote:
> emacs hangs  for me when invoking it from putty which has been
> initiated by cygwin X11 which I start with startx.
> But, I usually always have emacs up all the time and its not a big
> pain.  I would be nice for it not to freeze when being re-activated.

I'm sorry, but you didn't give enough details for me to know whether
you're reporting the same problem that Achim reported.  If not, please
start a new thread.  In either case, please give a precise recipe for
producing the problem.  Do you have to use a non-Cygwin program (putty)
in order to produce the problem?

Ken