OpenSSH, Windows 2000, cygrunsrv 1.0

Andre Rothe andre.rothe@zks.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Sep 19 17:40:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have to use an outdated system with Windows 2000 Server and an OpenSSH service
on it. It uses OpenSSH 3.8.1p1-1 for Windows, which uses a Cygwin server v1.0 or
something.

The problem:

I try to mount a windows network share on the Cygwin server to use it as home of
the ssh users. In the registry I have defined a new mountpoint /transfer with a
native key Z:\data

Z: is a windows network share which is connected by a remote user account. The
OpenSSH service runs as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, I have mapped the drive Z as SYSTEM
user (with a scheduled task, which runs as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, just before I
start the OpenSSH service with net start).

But I cannot access the mountpoint (it is not available), every SSH user gets an
error and the current path is /.

How I can change the settings to get access to the drive? Please hold in your
head, that I must use Windows 2000.

Thanks a lot
Andre