cygport debuginfo problem: packaging fails.

Dave Korn dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 08:54:00 GMT 2013

    Hi Yaakov et al.,

  I'm confused by the output from cygport (0.11.3) when building GCC.  During
the packaging step, after the final binary package from PKG_NAMES has been
tarballed, I see:

> *** Info: No debug files, skipping debuginfo subpackage

> *** Warning: Packages are missing files:
> -usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/c++-4.exe.dbg
> -usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/cpp-4.exe.dbg
> -usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/cygffi-4.dll.dbg
> -usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/cyggcc_s-1.dll.dbg

  I don't understand this.  First it's complaining that there aren't any debug
files, so it won't package them, but then they actually are there after all
and it complains they haven't been packaged.  That appears self-contradictory!

  Any idea what might be causing this?  Do I have to create -debuginfo
packages manually if I'm using the PKG_NAMES and (package)_CONTENTS variables?
 Or could it perhaps be because the PN package itself has no contents at all,
serving only as a dummy to draw in dependencies through the requires: line in
its setup.hint?  (In my cygport script, PKG_NAMES contains "${PN}" but there
is no ${PN}_CONTENTS defined anywhere.)

    cheers,
      DaveK