docbook2pdf errors

Sun Apr 14 15:20:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-04-12 08:52, Frank Fesevur wrote:
> I want convert some documention I wrote to DocBook, but first I want
> to have my environment setup correctly. So I installed all the docbook
> packages and created a book.xml from the sample at
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/book.html and did some minor
> changes.
>
> This document validates properly with these commands:
[snip]
> But when I try to convert it to a pdf I get a lot of errors:
[snip]
> Did I do something wrong in this very basic setup, or is there
> something wrong with a docbook related package?

docbook-utils is primarily for handling SGML, and uses (Open)Jade for
processing.  It is a known issue that the latter does not properly
handle character entities from the newer versions (4.4+) of the DocBook
XML DTD.  While you could work around this by using the 4.3 DTD, you
should be using xmlto(1) for XML instead:

xmlto --with-dblatex pdf book.pdf

HTH,

Yaakov