Difference in 32/64-bit curl.

Christian Franke Christian.Franke@t-online.de
Thu Apr 25 01:31:00 GMT 2013

Christian Franke wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> specified) >
>>> Unlikely. In this case it should be possible to revert the default
>>> -i (--include) with --no-include.
>>>
>> What about a type issue?  int vs. long?
>>
> Yes, option is possibly set as int (bool) but retrieved as long:
>
> src/tool_cfgable.h:89:
>   bool include_headers;     /* ... */
>
> src/tool_operate.c:886:
>   my_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_HEADER, config->include_headers);
>
> lib/url.c:704:
> case CURLOPT_HEADER:
>   data->set.include_header = (0 != va_arg(param, long))?TRUE:FALSE;

The attached patch would actually fix the issue. Likely not the correct
way to do this as va_arg(param, long) is also used for the other integer
options.

Is this possibly an upstream bug which is hidden on Linux et al. due to
a different x64 ABI (which requires register parameter zero extension) ?

Christian