A Curl problem?

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi@alice.it
Fri Apr 26 16:24:00 GMT 2013

Dear All,

just for the record I want to flag this issue with curl.

Since 2007 I upload files on an FTP with the command:

$ curl -u foo.user -T test_foo.txt ftp://ftp.foo.it/

but now it seems does not work. It prints

Enter host password for user 'foo.user':
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
  Speed
   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:17:57

and doesn't start the data transfer. Sometimes it stops with a Time Out
message. I have tried with current Curl-7.29 and previous Curl-7.28.
Also with Cygwin 1.7.18 and 1.7.17.

This happens on Win XP 32 (Athlon 64 X2 ) and MSE AV.

On the same machine and on GNU/Linux Kubuntu (and Curl-7.22), the above
command works.

On Cygwin I can upload that file with LFTP and PUT commands.

Ciao,
  Angelo.