run2 operation

wynfield@gmail.com wynfield@gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 12:40:00 GMT 2013

Re: un2 0.4.2

  $ checkX --verbose

"checkX Info: Unspecified X display (check --display in xml <SelfOptions> or in cmdline; also check $DISPLAY environment variable). "

But, Xwindows is running, and was started from this terminal sith "startx &"

Shouldn't it be detected and the DISPLAY valued returned so that I could set the DISPLAY variable for this mintty windows as well?

When I invoke run2 (from a shortcut with the example .xml file) it also start a mintty terminal window, but I want it to start an XWindow or at the least use the currntly running X server.

The running server is not detected to the xml's  "GDI" section of the xml is used.

checkX is very good, but I wish it would detect a currently running X server and report it'S DISPLAY value.

I have just started with run2, so I'm not privy to a lot of it and not xml savy yet.

Thanks