checkX problem or misunderstanding

Mon Aug 5 03:11:00 GMT 2013

On 8/4/2013 10:24 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 8/4/2013 9:50 PM, wynf... wrote:
>> It is clearly written in my message, in fact in imported it from the
>> checkX documentation. What part of the problem I'm describing is not
>> clear
>> to you?
>>
>> "DESCRIPTION
>>           Determines  if  X is installed, Xserver is running on
>> specified DISPLAY
>>           and will accept clients. Returns 0 if yes, nonzero otherwise""
>>
>> In fact:
>>    checkX :0 returns a false when, but the X11 server on :0 will
>> accept client
>> requests.
>
> I guess I'm not clear why you're not using the syntax Chuck recommends in
> his message (see the link to it that I included above).  He stated you need
> to use the '--display' flag.  Here's a quote from Chuck in that message:

To be fair, checkX *should* use the $DISPLAY variable if --display/-d is
not specified on the command line.  This appears, from reading the email
thread, to be a real issue.

However, I won't be able to investigate further for at least a
week...and will have only intermittent internet access until then.

--
Chuck