openssh 6.1p1-1 versus openssh 6.2p2-1

Irv Lustig irv@us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 7 16:45:00 GMT 2013

We have had issues with openssh on cygwin since version 6.2p1-2 came out.
I now have openssh 6.2p2-1 installed.  Here is what I can report.

I am connecting to a Linux box using ssh.    (e.g., ssh irv@linuxhostname)

With version 6.2p2-1 installed, I get the following error message:
Read from socket failed: Software caused connection abort

If I use the Cygwin time machine to install version 6.1p1-1 from March 1,
2013,  I can connect to the Linux box without any problems.

I can provide additional debugging info if someone tells me what to do
that doesn't require rebuilding openssh from source.  I just want a
working binary!

    -Irv Lustig
    Manager, Optimization and Mathematical Software
    Business Analytics and Mathematical Science
    IBM Research   +1 973-467-9513    irv@us.ibm.com