cygwin installed packages list without dependencies

DynV dynvec@gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 00:26:00 GMT 2013

Hello people of cygwin,

Now for my main concern. I'd like to migrate from cygwin to cigwin64 but
I have many packages on cygwin, the 32-bit version, that I'd need to
install as well on the destination version (64-bit) before the move is
made. I'm not sure which packages are still useful although most should
be as I read thoroughly for a long time the first cygwin install. I'd
like to review the packages then install the same (what passed the
cleanup) on cygwin64.

I did a search and the best I found was to use /cygcheck -c/ so I did on
the origin, cygwin, which give me a bit over 450 packages (the
destination of the migration being cygwin64). This is quite a list and I
might as well start from scratch as I fist did (for the 32-bit version).
I would very much like to know which of the 450 something were installed
as dependencies so I can skip them, knowing they would be installed by
installing the dependent.

IIRC on aptitude, on "regular" *nix, there was a flag is a package was a
dependency. So if there would be a way to reproduce such a structure and
list everything that wouldn't have such flag, it would be pretty much
what I'm looking for.

Thank you kindly for your help,
DynV