autorebase.bat stalls during setup-x86.exe

Fri Aug 23 18:25:00 GMT 2013

On Aug 23 16:26, Fritz, Jason wrote:
> Thanks Corinna, I suppose I'll try to reinstall.  Is there an easy way
> to see a list of packages I've installed on top of the default
> install, so that I can install all those same packages?

Uh, no, there's no such functionality, but you can call `cygcheck -c'
to see the list of all installed packages.

> FYI, each time I run setup-x86.exe I get the same behavior.  Here is a
> snippet of a follow-on session from setup.log (notice the 7 min stall
> at autorebase.bat):

I'm not sure why it should take seven minutes, but it can take a lot
of time of you installed a lot of DLLs.  It's nothing to worry about,
as long as it works.

Can you try what happens if you stop all Cygwin processes, start a
lone dash.exe and enter "/usr/bin/rebaseall" on the command line?
Does it run and silently exits, or do you see any kind of error message?

Corinna

Red Hat