[patch] cygwin-apps/run 1.0.3

Mon Dec 2 16:30:00 GMT 2013

> On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 09:52:01PM -0500, Max Polk wrote:
>> Follow-up to run 1.0.3 crashing and leaving run.exe.stackdump, first
>> reported at http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-08/msg00169.html
>>
>> The list wouldn't let me send a patch because it had an email address in
>> the Changelog, so I had to put it here: http://pastebin.com/4SSPDGQh
>
> Actually the problem is that you shouldn't submit ChangeLog entries as
> diffs since they often don't apply cleanly.  Just send the ChangeLog
> entry.  Your email address wouldn't be blocked since it doesn't include
> 'cygwin'.
>
> Thanks for the patch though.  I'm sure Chuck will be happy to consider
> applying it.

Thanks for the patch.  I'm concerned that always quoting every argument
might hurt file globbing (e.g. when you pass foo.* as an argument).
Howevr, since what you have is clearly better than status quo, and fixes
an actual regression where older versions of run /used/ to handle this
situation fine...I'll roll a new update fairly soon.

--
Chuck