C:\cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll: Loaded to different address

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 13:11:00 GMT 2013

Il 12/4/2013 1:35 PM, bartels ha scritto:
> On 12/04/2013 01:23 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
>

>>> I am looking for the cause of the problem, so that I know how to prevent
>>> it.
>>> Or is the only answer to simply run rebaseall after installation?
>>
>> usually yes
>
> If that is the case, then why is it not part of the installation?

currently, it is part of the installation

     /etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat.done

$ cygcheck -f /etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat
_autorebase-000444-1

so or last rebase went wrong or something else
is using cyggcc_s.dll space

> I do not understand why it happens on the one Windows 7 machine and not
> the other.

MS mistery ;-)

what is the outcome of "rebase -si |grep cyggcc_s" ?

"rebase -si" will also provide all colliding dll's;
they are marked with a "*"

please also follow http://cygwin.com/problems.html
at "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out"

> - - Bartels