C:\cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll: Loaded to different address

bartels bartels@mailme.ath.cx
Wed Dec 4 16:42:00 GMT 2013

> On Dec  4 14:53, bartels wrote:

>>> currently, it is part of the installation
>>>
>>>     /etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat.done
>>>
>>> $ cygcheck -f /etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat
>>> _autorebase-000444-1
> Your attached cygcheck output claims something else.  The rebase version
> should be updated to 4.4.1 as well.

Don't think there is a mismatch: that output was Marco's, not mine.
Unless I misunderstand . . .

> Ah, that is an interesting one:
>
> $ rebase -si
> rebase: failed to open rebase database "/etc/rebase.db.i386":
> No such file or directory
> ...this here means that rebase never created the database, which in turn
> could point to rebase crashing or not having sufficient privileges on
> /etc.  Something like that.
>
> What happens if you stop all Cygwin processes, including any service
> you installed, then start dash, make sure you're in /bin, and then
> call `./rebaseall -p'.  Any helpful output?

How about this; sure looks like something is wrong:

./rebaseall -p
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

Thing is that I need to work with a fixed collection of packages.
The rolling release offered by the installer is fine, but not exactly
suited for a controlled release to an unsuspecting user.

So, perhaps I made a mistake, or there is some unfortunate combination of versions.

Anyway, I will upgrade my collection bundle and try again.
Unless the error message immediately rings a bell for you . . .

Thanks,

-- Bartels