Please try newest snapshot (was Re: emacs-x11: new clipboard size limitation?)

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de
Wed Dec 4 22:14:00 GMT 2013

Around 2013-12-04 16:59 Jon TURNEY was heard to say:
> On 04/12/2013 08:09, Markus Hoenicka wrote:
>> Am 2013-12-03 22:10, schrieb Christopher Faylor:
>>> I added an ugly hack to work around this symptom in the latest
>>> cygwin.
>>> It shouldn't have any big impact on anything but this particular
>>> scenario but I would appreciate it if people downloaded today's
>>> snapshot
>>> and verified that things are still working ok.
>>>
>>> I plan on addressing the actual problem for Cygwin 1.7.28.
>>
>> the nightly snapshot does not seem to do me any good with regard to
>> the
>> clipboard problem. I performed the following test, and I hope this is
>> what you
>> had in mind:
>
> There is also a bug in xwinclip which needs fixing for this test to
> work
> reliably, but it was difficult to see what that was without this fix in
> the
> cygwin DLL.

I see. Let me know whenever it makes sense to do any further testing.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka