redirect to /dev/clipboard bug

Tue Dec 10 21:22:00 GMT 2013

On Dec 10 12:38, John Bianchi wrote:
> I frequently redirect output to the /dev/clipboard for many of my tasks.  This
> started having strange problems recently:
>
> 'echo' can re-direct to /dev/clipboard but 'cat' cannot:
>
> # win8.1 enterprise:
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 hostname1 1.7.27(0.271/5/3) 2013-12-09 11:57 i686 Cygwin
> $ echo test1 > /dev/clipboard
> $ echo test2 > /tmp/t
> $ cat /tmp/t > /dev/clipboard
> cat: write error: Permission denied

My fault.  I removed a call to RegisterClipboardFormatW without
realizing that this will break the clipboard after execve.  Sorry about
that.  I just applied a patch which fixes this again.

Please test the today's snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/,
which should show up in the next couple of hours.

Thanks for report and thanks in advance for testing,
Corinna

Red Hat