doc build tool 'fop' seems to be missing

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Thu Dec 19 20:33:00 GMT 2013

On 12/19/2013 11:47, Mark Geisert wrote:

> Package Search yields no hits for "/fop$" or "/fop.exe$".

It used to be that you had to get fop from Cygwin Ports.  Now it's no
longer in Ports, and I don't know why.  I thought Yaakov was going to
move it to the main Cygwin package repo, due to this core dependency.
Maybe that's in the middle of happening right now?

Apache FOP is based on Java, so it might not be too tough to get its
Unix binary package running under Cygwin's gcj:

     https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/