Using jhbuild on cygwin

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:45:00 GMT 2013

On 2/4/2013 4:33 PM, Jonas Platte wrote:
> By the way, is it normal that the windows explorer doesn't show
> C:\cygwin\usr\lib? My cygwin installation is definitely in C:\cygwin and
> in the cygwin terminal I find /usr/lib. I've also set the option to show
> hidden files and unset the one that hides system files.

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

"/usr/bin and /usr/lib are by default also automatic mount points
generated by the Cygwin DLL similar to the way the root directory is
evaluated. /usr/bin points to the directory the Cygwin DLL is installed
in, /usr/lib is supposed to point to the /lib directory."

$ mount
C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
..