[ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin 1.5.x removed from site

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Sat Feb 9 02:50:00 GMT 2013

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:55:19 -0500
> Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin 1.5.x removed from site
>
> Given the age, bugginess, lack of security, and minimal interest in the
> old Cygwin 1.5.x release, I've removed this legacy release from the
> Cygwin site.
>
> If you still have 1.5 files sitting around that you need to install,
> grab a copy of setup.exe now because, in the future, new versions of
> setup.exe will no longer work on older systems or with release-legacy.
>
> If someone wants to volunteer to host these files elsewhere, please send
> email to the Cygwin mailing list with information on where to download.

Also, as a reminder, the Cygwin Time Machine is still active and hosting all
archived releases of Cygwin, including the Legacy release and the
setup-legacy installer.

See http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin for details.
Search for "Cygwin Legacy".

--
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com