Accessing a printer port

cygwin@dad.org cygwin@dad.org
Sun Feb 10 15:48:00 GMT 2013

Here is my problem. There is an old laptop running Windows XP. It has a female "printer port", which I understand is also known as a "parallel port". There is a male 25 pin to female 9 pin adapter that fits the female port. The 9 pin end will eventually be connected to a serial device. I want to send characters to the serial device, from a C program.

Can I just open("/cygdrive/c/prn", ...)?

Can I use tcsetattr on the resulting file descriptor?

Thank you very much, as they say, in advance.

    Norman Shapiro