sqlite3-3.7.15.1-1 packages to test

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 22:23:00 GMT 2013

On 11/02/13 20:14, Warren Young wrote:
> On 2/6/2013 15:44, David Stacey wrote:
>> I've run four sets of tests, with sqlite3 3.7.13 and
>> 3.7.15, both with and without Warren's patch. The bottom line is that
>> Subversion appears to function identically in all four cases, and there
>> was no significant difference in runtime performance (i.e. the time
>> taken to run the tests).
>
> I'm inferring from "four tests" that this result is for the fsfs case
> only, and that bdb is still assumed to have a problem.

Correct. I never got the 'bdb' tests to complete. Personally, I put that
down to a BerkleyDB problem rather than any issue with SQLite - I may be
wrong though.

> Since this report of yours on Jan 9, I've been meaning to try and set
> up the famous SQLite test suite on a Cygwin box and set it to
> grinding, to exonerate the new .15.1 builds.  But if we think it now
> doesn't matter...

I only tested SQLite through Subversion, so the level of testing I have
given SQLite is only that part that is exercised by Subversion. If you
think that this tests a significant proportion of SQLite then it might
not be worth getting the SQLite test suite to work under Cygwin.
Conversely, if you think Subversion uses only a minority of the SQLite
functionality then it is probably worth continuing your work on the test
suite.

It depends on how much of SQLite you think is exercised by Subversion.

> .15.2 is out, so do you want me to build a new set of packages for you
> to test and potentially GTG?

Ooo go on then - on the understanding that this is a one-off and I'm not
running hours of tests for each SQLite release ;-) More seriously
though, I can only test SQLite through Subversion, and I have no feel
for how much of SQLite that would be testing. If you're happy with that
then send me a URL.

Dave.