sshd fails to start: logon failure

Thu Feb 14 21:02:00 GMT 2013

On 14/02/2013 3:52 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 2/14/2013 9:43 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I tried to ssh to my cygwin box today and was unable to connect. It
>> seems the sshd service can no longer run, for reasons that mystify me:
>>> # net start sshd
>>> System error 1069 has occurred.
>>>
>>> The service did not start due to a logon failure.
>>
>> I wasn't aware of having changed anything; would it be advisable to just
>> reinstall sshd from setup.exe and/or sshd_host_config, or is there some
>> simple troubleshooting I might do?
>
> reinstall is not the way.
> Likely something reset the cyg_server privileges.
> Try to re-enable them with
>
> editrights -u cyg_server -a SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
> editrights -u cyg_server -a SeCreateTokenPrivilege
> editrights -u cyg_server -a SeTcbPrivilege
> editrights -u cyg_server -a SeServiceLogonRight
> editrights -u cyg_server -a SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege
No luck, the same error still occurs. However, now that you mention it,
I did play with cygserver settings while trying to install pgsql a while
back.

Is there a way to view the privileges to see what I may have broken?

BTW, cygserver was not runnning but starts fine; sshd still won't start,
though.

Thanks,
Ryan