[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs*-24.2.93-2 (TEST)

Arthur Tu arthur.jim.tu@gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 08:49:00 GMT 2013

On 2/21/2013 4:34 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown <kbrown <at> cornell.edu> writes:
>> It's more complicated than that.  But the problem has already been
>> debugged and fixed in the emacs development trunk:
>>
>>     http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8855
>>
>> Unfortunately, the fix won't make it into emacs-24.3.
> Let's wait for 24.4 then...
>
>> My reading of the documentation is that this is to be expected:
>>
>> $ man emacsclient
>> [...]
>> -n, --no-wait
>>          returns immediately without waiting for you to "finish"
>>          the buffer in Emacs.
>>
>> Is the behavior you described specific to Cygwin?
> Doh... well, "-a ''" was what I had wanted to put there, really.  Done, and
> switched over to emacsclient-w32.  However, emacsclient-w32 then starts an
> emacs-X11 in daemon mode, shouldn't it be starting an emacs-w32?
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

Let me talk about my emacs for more information.

I use only the w32 interface for frame display and I haven't install
emacs-x11. After a daemon is started, "emacsclient -c" invokes a w32
frame, while "emacsclient [-n]" gets a terminal session. I feel great
about this.

Your problem may be caused by the priority of "x11" and "w32".