Pango failure

daryl@daryllee.com daryl@daryllee.com
Sat Feb 23 19:26:00 GMT 2013

Now I remember why I referred all my students to MinGW <g>.

Upon completion of the installation, I got this "Postinstall script error":
   Package libpango1.0_0
       pango1.0.sh exit code 1
and my Cygwin shell fails to launch, declaring that mintty cannot be found.

The relevant part of the setup.log.full says:
2013/02/23 11:24:17 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
"/etc/postinstall/pango1.0.sh"
/etc/postinstall/pango1.0.sh: line 1: /etc/pango/pango.modules: No
such file or directory
2013/02/23 11:24:17 abnormal exit: exit code=1

As it happens, not only is there no "pango.modules" file present, but there is
also no /etc/pango directory to put it in.  I searched the entire log
file for any reference to /etc/pango and there was none.

The install was "Default" with the following additions:

Archive:
     zip
Database:
     libsqlite3-dev
     libsqlite3_0
Devel:
     <Install all>
Editors:
     emacs-<all>
     gvim
     vim
     vim-common
     xxd
Graphics:
     freeglut
     gnuplot
Interpreters:
     guile
     lua
     m4
     perl
     python
     python3
     ruby
     ruby-tcltk
     tcl
     tcl-tk
Math:
     octave

I will try again with the references to X11 components, which should
get me over the hump, but I'd like to get this resolved, if possible.
Any suggestions?