startxwin started bash does not read .bashrc or .bash_profile

Kevin Layer layer@known.net
Wed Feb 27 16:20:00 GMT 2013

Eliot, thanks for the reply.

The passwd/group was an interesting thought.  Unfortunately:

@oob2$ mkpasswd -l > passwd.new
@oob2$ diff passwd passwd.new
@oob2$ mkgroup -l > group.new
@oob2$ diff group group.new
@oob2$

It's not just mintty.  When I run xterm, it doesn't source any of my
init files, either.

This is not a new issue.  I only started to care about it recently
because I want to use ssh-agent/ssh-add in my .bashrc/.bash_profile.

As for PATH, it's set so that it can find the programs, so I'm pretty
sure that's neither here nor there.

More ideas for debugging?

Here's my mount output, in case that might be relevant:

bash-4.1$ mount
C:/cygwin/home on /home type ntfs (binary)
C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,noacl)
C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,noacl)
C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,noacl)
C: on /c type ntfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user)
D: on /d type ntfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user)
E: on /e type vfat (binary,noacl,posix=0,user)
Y: on /cygdrive/y type smbfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
Z: on /cygdrive/z type ntfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
bash-4.1$

Note that I added the /home entry to get `noacl' out of the options.
However, this is a new thing, and as I said, the problem is old.

Thanks.

Kevin