fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected (2nd attempt)

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:18:00 GMT 2013


On 1/2/2013 12:10 PM, tobias schlottke wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a cygwin terminal window open and I try to execute a perl program
> and get the following message:
>
> =======
>        5 [main] perl 8172 C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error -
> cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x61239790/0xC79790.
> This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the
> cygwin DLL.
> Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
> and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
> *should*
> reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
> installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
> are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
> =======
>
> The cygwin1.dll is in the c:\cygwin\bin directory and additionally on a
> different place at c:\Program Files\openFT\bin\cygwin1.dll which is not
> in my PATH.
> (Both files are identical).
>
> At the time of the error I had a second cygwin terminal already open.
> After the failure in the first window I executed the command in the
> second one and it executed successfully.
> The funny thing is: If I try in the first window again, it runs fine....
>
> a) Why?
> b) What do I have to change to make it run always?
>
> Things I tried:
> Reboot, rebaseAll.
>

> Any hints appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Tobias

Please follow:
> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html

specially the
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an 
attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode 
the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be 
easily viewed"

Marco


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list