How to make persistent changes to PATH in cygwin?

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Jan 2 20:04:00 GMT 2013

On 1/2/2013 10:45 AM, Aaron Schneider wrote:
> On 02/01/2013 19:35, Eliot Moss wrote:
>> Every time you open up mintty you are starting a new login bash.
>> The way to set environment variables "persistently" (your term,
>> not mine) is to add the export command to your .bash_profile or
>> similar bash file read by bash when it starts up.  This is not
>> specific to cygwin, but is normal Unix-like behavior.
>
> I've workarounded it adding the desired path to windows' path
> directly, which is imported into cygwin each time mintty is started.

That's not really a good solution. Take a moment to read the bash(1) man
page and familiarize yourself with it's startup capabilities. Take
control of your own environment.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
This space for rent